Saturday, January 12, 2008

Just a lazy fool...

So here I am again, having been lazy for far too long. And once again, apologies to those who try to follow along. I know it's frustrating when any particular blogger takes so long between posts. I will really truly and honestly try to do better.

New furnace is in and works very well. It remains to be seen how big the bills will be.

The cleaning (yikes, so much dust!) was helped by the heating guys (Tom Hurley and crew--they do good work) doing the sweeping and mopping. Heck, one of the guys cleaned up my ex-roomate's room that I'd been putting off for months and even folded and neatly piled Josh's clothes! Now to get hold of Josh and tell him to get his behind over here to get the ret of his stuff.

The cleaning must be done because the discarding must begin. It's only a couple of months now until Paula's stuff moves in (though Paula herself will not officially take up residence here until the wedding in July). Dang I have a LOT of crap. And dang, this is a LOT of work.

If you are interested in boardgames, role playing games, or miniature soldiers, I'll be having a game sale on Sunday, January 27th beginning at 2 p.m. You might swing by the place and check the stuff out if you have any interest. Pretty much nothing more than $15. Gotta move some of those games out so there's room for the lady.

Lady....games....no brainer. :)

I got a nice invite to the web warriors party at the OLC tonight. Gonna go listen to the Funions rock and roll, meet some of my fellow bloggers, and just enjoy a few minutes doing something I don't do much.

Then it's into my new work shift. Yes, things are changing. Beginning tomorrow I'll be doing weekend morning news both Saturday and Sunday, and will take over the evening meetings beat from John Holm. John's still around, just lightening his load a bit. The change will mean I can't do a lot of evening activities without serious preplanning, but if I wanted a 9 to 5 job I'd have become a banker. :)

Enough for now. Next post February 20.

(Just kidding!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure when this banker last worked 9-5. Good luck. Just be there on Saturday's.. AM...