Friday, September 01, 2006

The road goes ever on...

Beginning with a quote from Tolkien. That surely says something about me, though I'm not sure what, exactly.

Hello, and welcome to Quincy Pilgrim, a blog about life, love, faith, fun and any other topic about which I care to comment, especially as it relates to living in Quincy, Illinois.

Subjects will include (and not be limited to) the arts, food, my many and varied interests, Eastern Orthodoxy, and most anything else that takes my fancy. Except, for the most part, politics. That's because I'm involved on reporting on most of the political stories going on in the area, and also because such discussions tend to spiral into the depths with alarming frequency. I'd rather have enjoyable conversations, even if we disagree, without getting personal or nasty.

Therefore, my ground rules for talking back: keep it nice, keep it on topic, and keep it coming. Also, if I choose to delete a post from a reader, I will explain why I did so, both to the poster and to the group as a whole.

I also welcome your suggestions for subjects to discuss.

That's enough of that for now.

Welcome...and if you would care to join me on the pilgrim's road, come along. I don't walk fast so everyone should be able to keep up.

KNP

2 comments:

Rodney Hart said...

Hmmmm ..... another media guy hits the blogging scene.

Except he's not a fanatic or skewered to one side, or both.

Good deal!

pravoslavniye said...

Gee, thanks.

I thought that's what we were supposed to do--in the interests of fairness and even-handedness, to put our personal biases on the back burner in order to accurately report the news, regardless of whether the newsmakers are "of like mind" with us.

But I've always been a bit idealistic. :)

I like your blog, btw. Didn't realize you had a band. I hope to hear them sometime soon.

And I'm hungry for a banana split now, dang it.