Friday, September 08, 2006

Local football

Truth in blogging: I am not a big football fan. Never have been. But I don't mind following local high school football (college--read pro farm leagues--and pro ball definitely don't do it for me).

So...what is it with Quincy High?

I went to two high schools: Peru, Indiana and Kenosha Tremper, Wisconsin. Peru wasn't good, Tremper was decent.

But QHS, at least in the decade I have lived in Quincy, has been a joke.

What are they lacking? What can they do to actually get competitive?

I was in-house producer for last year's broadcasts on FOX 103.9 (WQCY for those who prefer call letters :) and thus followed the season pretty closely. They came "so close" so many times, but always let it get away.

Any ideas? Any suggestions?

I'd love to see them turn things around and start having winning seasons. I know hw cool it was when I was in high school to be able to strut a bit because your team was winning...

Of course, I was a marching band dweeb...(trombone, for those who want to know).

3 comments:

pravoslavniye said...

So of course, I post my incomprehensible football musings, and bam! They win one, and very nicely too.

Maybe my point was moot...

:)

Anonymous said...

If you haven't noticed, basketball is king here. Football likely will never rival hoops in popularity here, ergo poor football at QHS.

Anonymous said...

You are watching the wrong football team. Quincy Notre Dame plays much better football. And they are more fun to watch.