Saturday, January 31, 2009

Finding old friends

I resisted as long as I could, but some insistent friends finally convinced me to sign up on Facebook. Or actually, since I signed up about 4 years ago, they convinced me to actually USE Facebook.

I have, in the space of about two weeks, reconnected with a host of old friends from high school through college to today.

It's amazing.

People I haven't thought of in years but instantly remember when I see their name (although the pictures tend to be a bit off :), and it's as if the intervening years hadn't happened, we're yacking and laughing as if we'd just stepped away for a few.

Of course I keep getting "OMG you don't look any different!" which I actually hate to hear, probably because for the most part I can't reciprocate. I find most everyone looks older, and that's not always polite to say.

Still, linking up again with so many people I remember with great affection is a real blessing.

Thanks for the push, my friends.

No comments: