Saturday, October 19, 2013

Anniversary

We have entered the temple.
The candles lit,
The incense rising,
All in the presence
Of saints and Our Lord.
Voices chanting,
Father praying,
Hearts trembling,
Before each other
And the church.
The crowns are placed upon our heads.
"Let my prayer arise
In Thy sight as incense."
Aloft soars Otche Nash
Music so sweet,
Yet not half so sweet
As my gift from the Father,
My beloved.
Rings exchanged
And hands clasped,
We dance Isaiah's dance
Thrice around the table,
And then the common cup.
"Lord have mercy upon us."
Not a word we speak,
For if we did not believe,
If we would not commit,
We would not be here:
Our moment of truth.
God ordains,
The church blesses,
We love,
and are man and wife.
In spite of all
With full faith in God's love
And the love you bear me
Even in the depths of your heart:
"With all that I am
And all that I have
I still honor you."

--Kevin Payne, 20 Oct 2013
commemorating 21 Oct 2012 (and 1989)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pC9mNVhO2l0&feature=share&list=FL00e3TLeBGRThHVWjnkU6dQ

1 comment:

pravoslavniye said...

Here's "Otche nash" (Our Father) traditionally sung at Eastern Orthodox (Russian, Greek etc.) weddings:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwbxsM-131s&feature=share&list=FL00e3TLeBGRThHVWjnkU6dQ