Friday, November 16, 2007

About what follows...

Consider this an introductory posting.

It's introducing a fairly long story--probably longer than the one I posted at Halloween.

It needs introduction because I'm not posting it so much for the story itself (which I've been told is quite good), but because of what it says about me, and my relationship with my dad. I'm not going to say anymore about that at this point. I promise I'll talk about it after you read the story.

And please, do read the story, even if stories on blogs aren't your thing.

I will tell you a couple of things. My dad is a retired Episcopal priest. As you know I am Eastern Orthodox My dad has always supported my decision, unlike the father in this story. My dad celebrated 49 years in the priesthood on All Saints Day (November 1st)--and I missed it. I posted a silly "scary" story and didn't recognize my father's long committment to people, to the church, and to His Lord and Savior.

I'm sorry Dad.

I know you've read this but I hope between it and the essay to follow, you understand just how precious you are to me, how much I value the way you raised me, how much I regret every disappointment I caused you...

And how very much I hold your calling in the higest esteem, and how much (thanks be to God for giving me the opportunity) I love you.

Enjoy the story.

No comments: