Thursday, February 23, 2012

It's been a while...

I've not posted for many a month--more than a year even!

Suffice to say that in that year I have: had my engagement ended, renewed, and ended a second time with extreme prejudice (though it was insisted that it was not my fault in any way shape or form, which is good); lost my job, then got rehired on a part time basis while I continue to seek full time employment; missed more church than I care to admit; met a new woman who is shaping up to be a very dear friend; started singing regularly with the Quincy Symphony Chorus; and much more.

It is now shortly before the beginning of Great Lent. Regularly posting is going to be one of my Lenten disciplines.

I am reading my way through "First Fruits of Prayer: A 40-Day Journey Through the Canon of St. Andrew" and will be sharing from that, as well as thoughts that actually coincide with the title of this blog, i.e. living an Orthodox Christian life in a small midwestern (non-Orthodox) community in a greater (essentially non-Christian) society.

Now back to my music (Pandora Radio has a classical choral channel, how cool is that?).

Kevin Nikolai

No comments: